November 25, 2014

Art Charm Exchange Reveal and Auction

Welcome to the reveal of the Art Charms I've made for this year's swap and auction for Beads of Courage. The hostess of this event is Jennifer Stout Cameron at Glassaddiction blog.


  The theme for this year was: soar.
  Searching for ideas online I've found a mantra of a fiction character that sounded just perfect:
"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar!"
   Can you guess who that character was? Hoban "Wash" Washburne, the pilot of Serenity, a smuggling ship of the Firefly series.
As my favorite part of Autumn are the colors of a changing nature, I've decided to make leaves ... in three colors: reddish, yellow and green.

photo by Jen Cameron
 
photo by Jen Cameron

 The charms are made of polymer clay, textured with real leaves and formed by hands (no molds were used), then colored with chalks and acrylics and varnished to a high shine.

  



 The charms are available at a Charity Auction for Beads of Courage on eBay. All the money raised will go to Beads of Courage: the program is a resilience-based intervention designed to support and strengthen children and families coping with serious illness.
  Buying a charm at the auction you can get a double satisfaction: you receive a piece of art and you help seriously ill children at the same time. Isn't that great??!! 

Please visit also the blogs of the others participants, you won't regret!!


2014 Art Charm Exchange Participants

Jenny Davies-Reazor: http://www.jdaviesreazor.com/blog
Lennis Carrier: http://www.windbent.net


Be happy,
Alenka

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings fellow Browncoat!I love the inspiration for your charm.

elisabeth said...

beautiful!

Cassi said...

I love your charm design! I've already bid on the one in the auction :-)

I was always in love with Wash --my favorite in a great group of characters.

sheilaposter said...

What lovely charms Pepita and I also love that they were inspired by a spaceship. Is that the Firefly Joss Whalen did a series about?

Niky Sayers said...

A really charming design such lovely colours

Unknown said...

Gorgeous leaves, Pepita!

Lesley said...

Very pleased to have received one of your leaves ALenka :0)

Caroline said...

Beautiful! I love them in every colour.

Unknown said...

Dear Alenka, I love your inspiration quote... Serenity is one of my faves and Wash one of the best characters. I have one of your leaves in a rich golden colour....lovely. thank you. I'm working on an idea to use it. Will let you know what I create.

Unknown said...

Beautiful charms. I love how they each look unique.

Christine Altmiller said...

You captured those lovely words in these beautiful charms!

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

Love your unique humorous inspiration, Alenka, and your gorgeous sculpted leaves :)

ZenithJade said...

I love Firefly... :)

What a wonderful story behind your beautiful charms. I love it!

<3,
Andrea

Kim said...

I was lucky enough to get one of your leaves in the swap and it is beautiful! I can't wait to make something with it.

Terri Del Signore said...

I received one of your charms and I love it! I really like how you put a space and a loop in the middle for the receiver to do with as they please -this makes it fun for me to take part in adding to it:)

Terri Del Signore said...

Did my comment post?

AntiquityTravelers said...

Beautiful charms Alenka! I do love the Fall colors, and all the leaves changing at this time of year.

Shai Williams said...

These are just beautiful!

Jennifer Cameron said...

A woman after my own heart. Using Sci-Fi quotes as inspiration :-) Thanks for participating once again. I love that Slovenia is represented.

Jenny said...

"Serenity Now!" Simply awesome - inspiration AND charm.