July 25, 2014

ATTS 5 Afterparty - Part One

  I was so sorry to had to step out from Therese's and Christine's challenge A Time to Stitch 5 as it's one of my favorites. However, sometimes the life gets it's own way and I had no energy to create anything at that time ... 

  The challenge was to pick only one stitch and to make three bracelets in a different size, shape and/or color of beads.

  My choice was the Right Angle Weave Stitch (RAW). This is not exactly my favorite stitch, but when I was choosing only one to use for a bracelet it inspired me the most. 

  I was able to finish the first bracelet (cuff) by now - the basic one. The squares are three per three beads.  The beads are Miyuki Rocailles 2,2 mm in different colors, according to one of the conversion tables available online it should be 11/0 or so. 
  To get a better consistency and straighter lines I've added some embellishments (white beads) passing through every line again. In the middle I've added also the diagonals of three beads. 

  This is the result (click on the pictures to enlarge):



On my wrist:

   

The inner side of the wrist:

   

Two more to go now ... 

If you want to see what the other participants created for the actual reveal, the list is here.


Be happy,
Alenka

4 comments:

AntiquityTravelers said...

so very pretty Alenka! and wonderful that you've decided to do the hop :) Can't wait to see the other bracelets!

Therese's Treasures said...

Beautiful Alenka,
So glad you decided to still participate in the challenge late is better than never. I love your RAW cuff it is so beautiful. I am looking forward to seeing the other two when you post them.
Therese

Amy S. said...

I HEAR YOU Alenka - about life getting in the way!!! Hope you are doing okay!?

This cuff is really pretty. Love the colors.

Christine Altmiller said...

oh Alenka ~ i love this! RAW has a wonderful look, but i do not like using it myself...it is a big challenge for me. the open lacey look and the colors you chose for this bracelet are gorgeous! i hope things are better for you and thank you for this post :-) beading can soothe when it isn't done under pressure.